To support Stills’ customer service and public facing requirements to ensure the best possible visitor experience.
Fixed Term: 12 months starting January 2024
Hours of work: 4 days (28 hours) per week
Tuesday-Friday, 10am-6pm, with a requirement to work occasional evening
and weekend shifts where needed.
Location: 23 Cockburn Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1BP
Salary: £20,000 per annum / pro rata
Duties and responsibilities
This position covers a variety of public facing and back-office duties including:
- Daily reception administration, fielding enquiries from the general public, directing visitors to the range of information available, and completing bookings for Stills’ service users attending courses and using the photography facilities.
- Maintaining Stills’ visitor databases; regularly inputting new data and providing information for reporting purposes.
- Co-ordinating Stills front of house volunteer programme, including recruitment, rotas and any related events.
Engaging with visitors and communicating Stills’ activities to individuals, groups and workshops visiting the gallery.
- Supporting set-up of the gallery and gallery shop, including any associated events.
- Supporting social media marketing, creating content, monitoring activity and answering queries relating to our services.
- Maintaining gallery shop display and stock replenishment.
- Contributing to and providing administrative support for internal team meetings and groups where required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills, experience, and competencies:
- Qualification and/or relevant experience in photography
- Customer service experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly, enthusiastic and committed individual
- Able to use own initiative as well as work as part of a team
- Genuine interest in contemporary art
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
Stills is committed to becoming an organisation that is truly representative of the growing diversity of Scotland today and welcomes and encourages applications from everyone regardless of their age, sex, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, disability or nationality.
How to apply: Send a CV and cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header ‘Visitor Co-ordinator Application’
Application deadline: Monday 18th December 2023, 9am
Application deadline: 18th December, 9am
Successful applicants invited to interview by Friday 22nd December 2023
Interviews conducted week commencing 15th January 2024
Anticipated start date: Tuesday 30th January 2024
For any questions related to this opportunity, please email email@example.com