Who can apply?
Applications are open to anyone, of any age, facing financial barriers.
A guide to what these barriers are is as follows – this is not exhaustive, and if you have any questions around this please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions will be treated in confidence.
You may be eligible for Assisted Places if you fulfil one or more of the following criteria:
- I frequently stress about basic* needs and don’t always achieve them.
- I have debt and it sometimes prohibits me from meeting my basic needs.
- I rent lower-end properties or have unstable housing.
- I sometimes can’t afford public or private transport. If I own a car/have access to a car, I am not always able to afford petrol.
- I am unemployed or underemployed.
- I qualify for government and/or voluntary assistance including: food banks and benefits.
- I have no access to savings.
- I have no or very limited expendable** income.
- I rarely buy new items because I am unable to afford them.
- I cannot afford a holiday or have the ability to take time off without financial burden.
*BASIC NEEDS include food, housing, clothing and transportation.
**EXPENDABLE INCOME might mean you are able to buy coffee or tea at a shop, go to the cinema or a concert, buy new clothes, books and similar items each month, etc.
How do I apply?
Applications are open on a constantly rolling basis. Please visit our Courses & Learning page to review which course you are interested in, then complete the
If you would prefer to submit a video application please send an mp4 file, no longer than 5 minutes, to Evan, email@example.com.
Assisted Places is supported by the Nancie Massey Charitable Trust and the Radcliffe Trust.